The firm’s lawyers have a long record of representation of non-profit corporations, NGOs, citizens groups, associations and other public interest organisations. The lawyers work covers business and corporate matters such as incorporation, obtention of public interest status, fundraising and charitable registrations, governance and tax matters, as well as legal advice on programmatic and advocacy issues ranging from human rights to civil society building to historic and artistic preservation to disabled’s rights and local development including the provision of micro-finance, both domestically and internationally.
Examples of our lawyers’ experience include:
- Providing legal advice to the Federation of disabled’s associations in Lebanon in the drafting of the Disabled’s Rights Law and participation in the Legal campaign for its implementation.
- Successfully representing a Lebanese human rights’ association in a judicial challenge against a regulation issued by the Ministry of Interior violating the Association Law and Lebanon’s obligations with respect to freedom of associations under international law.
- Providing legal support to a charitable association running an e-learning platform for educational associations, NGOs and schools supporting underprivileged students.
- Providing legal support to an association dedicated to showcasing and encouraging Lebanese artists by projecting their artwork beyond conventional borders and onto a larger screen.
- Representing a charitable association dedicated to the preservation of historic sites in judicial challenges against regulations endangering those sites.
- Providing legal support to a charitable association dedicated to rural development through economic and social development projects, in particular, the provision of microcredits and better access to labour market and supporting the set-up of income generating projects.
- Providing legal support to a non-profit micro-finance institution that focuses on supporting micro-entrepreneurs, particularly women, in developing sustainable businesses in cooperation with the World Bank and the European Union.